Sunday, August 17, 2008

Senseq Inc

And we're becoming an LLC (Limited Liability Company).

After a long, long time of putting this decision off, I finally went ahead and decided that I have to take this step.
Being an H1-B visa holder, I did not know whether I can indeed setup my organization in the US. I finally got confirmation from a friend that it is legal to setup my own company as an LLC (or even a C-Corp) in the US, as long as I'm a passive owner. I can appoint an active manager to handle the running of the company.

So I went on to legalzoom.com, paid them a hefty $700 to quick-create an LLC for me. They have a straight-forward questionnaire to create the company, and their telephone-support was knowledgeable and could answer all my questions.

I have appointed a US Citizen whom I know well, to manage the company.

No comments: