Tuesday, February 17, 2009

PR 2.0 Books Anyone?

Have you come across any great PR books for web 2.0? Or how about websites or articles?

I've been reading up on ways to market my website, using the latest technologies. Of the different marketing books I came across, I read two of them - viz. PR 2.0 and "How to Say It: Marketing with New Media"




The PR 2.0 book, unfortunately read more like a giant advertorial. It looked like it had its own agenda of marketing companies and products behind it. IAnyway, I pursued through the book, and finally did come out with a few good insights.
Some of the information that sank deep within included:
- use twitter, blogs and bookmarking to increase awareness of your site
- keep yo0urself updated on the latest goings on in your world - use rss feedes to get you the info you need. Keep consuming all the information you can.
- there are ways of getting closer to journalists and using them for marketing - even in today's web 2.0 scenario.

The second book though: How to Say it: Marketing with New Media; was a much better read. I found the tips and tricks in this book very handy for helping in marketing your website. I recommend this book for its well organized content - and great insights from belting out great blogs, podcasts and e-zines; and also info on how to get people signed up for them.

No comments: